Prof Liz Reymond MBBS(Hons), PhD, FRACGP, FAChPM
Deputy Director, Metro South Palliative Care Services (MSPCS)
Dr Reymond holds the position of Deputy Director, Metro South Palliative Care Services (MSPCS). MSPCS provides inpatient, outpatient and community-based care across Metro South Health (MSH). She is also Director of the Brisbane South Palliative Care Collaborative, the research and education arm of MSPCS. Her research interests include palliative care symptom management, advance care planning (ACP), and service delivery and development. Liz is currently directing the Queensland-wide Office of ACP, the Improving End-of-Life Care for Residential Aged Care Facility Residents Initiative (in collaboration with Brisbane South PHN), and the national caring@home project to improve the quality of palliative care service delivery across Australia to support people to be cared for and to die at home, if that is their choice.
Supporting patient choices for end-of-life care at home
For service providers
• Guidelines for the handling of palliative care medications in community services, developed by NPS
• Example policy and procedures: Supporting carers to help manage breakthrough symptoms safely using
subcutaneous medicines in the home
• palliMEDS- A smartphone app for primary prescribers to assist with palliative medicine prescribing
• Online education modules for registered nurses about how to use the caring@home resources to train
• A comprehensive package for carers containing step-by-step guides, a handbook, a medicines diary,
training videos, a practice demonstration kit and a colour-coded labelling system (including syringe labels)
medicines and support the provision of home based patient-centred care for people who would prefer to be cared for and, if possible, to die at home.